If you salivate at the thought of chocolate Kisses perfectly melded with Macadamia nuts – then read on
. This recipe is not for weight watchers, and may even put you in a coma, but if you believe you only go around once, what a way to die! Maybe for safety’s sake, it’s best to eat a couple while on an exercise bike then immediately give the rest away to friends.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 3/4 (1-1/2 sticks) cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups unsilfted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3.25 ounces macadamia nuts (about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups)
- Hershey’s chocolate kisses
- In food processor, finely grind macadamia nuts to a semi-paste. You should end up with about 1/2 cup.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well. Mix flour,baking powder, salt until combined. Add flour mixture and ground macadamia nuts to creamed butter and sugar. Mix until blended.
- Form 1-inch balls of dough and press a chocolate candy kiss into the center of each, taking care that the chocolate candy kiss is completely covered and enclosed. Bake 12 minutes lined cookie sheet. Do not over-bake. Cool on wire racks.
3 to 4 dozen
photo: Erica Marshall