When you find a man that shows up everyday wind, rain or shine – hold on to him.
This article is dedicated to my friend Marie. Marie has a hot mailman.
She just happens to open her curtains and peer out the window every day, at the exact time the mailman happens to walk up to her house. He looks at her, she looks at him. He may think she’s creepy and spying on him; she thinks it’s mere coincidence. I think it’s fate.
But in the two years Marie’s lived in that house, she and the mailman have never exchanged more than a few words. It’s a shame – and if Marie never breaks the ice, it’ll be a complete waste of a perfectly hot mailman.
So, here are ten opening lines I’ve written so that she can get the proverbial ball rolling (Note that these can be used on any hot mailman):
- I love your car – it’s kind of like a sideways convertible!
- So, I feel so strange not knowing your name when you’ve seen mine hundreds of times.
- FedEx and UPS are way too fast for me. I like my delivery service to take its time.
- Wow, that’s a huge package! Is it for me?
- I really appreciate how reliable you are – whatever the weather, you always show up.
- I’m not from around here. I wondered if you knew of any interesting little places most people miss?
- Have you read The Postman Always Rings Twice? It’s my favorite.
- I wasn’t around for the holidays to leave you a gift, but I’d love to make up for it somehow.
- Blue. It’s such a great color on you.
- You know, I don’t even have email.
So, there you go…10 opening liners to make that hot mailman your hot mailman. Now, go get ‘em, slugger!